Bloody Knuckles Newsletter

BLOODY KNUCKLES NEWSLETTER If you're interested in weekly updates from me on crime fiction or if you want a quick flash fition read that hits you twice as hard, check out my newsletter by subscribing below.

Enter your email address:

A TinyLetter Email Newsletter

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Kindle Rankings

Yesterday was a somewhat exciting day for A Model for Murder. At one point it had an Amazon Kindle Ranking of #4901. I had been watching it off and on throughout the day. The ranking number kept getting smaller and smaller. It's impossible to tell exactly how many eCopies of it sold through Amazon, although one web site suggests that the ranking number equals around 15-20 sales for the day/week. It was #34 for short stories and #35 for hard-boiled noir. This morning I checked and it is back up to over 11,000 with it sinking to #75 for shorts and #95 for hard-boiled. Still, I claim this as a victory in my struggle for an audience. I know from the Mind Wings Audio site the CDs are being sold at convenience stores in New England. I'm the Hemingway of the interstate.

I also like how Amazon links A Model for Murder to 'People Who Bought This Also Bought'. Apparently A Model for Murder goes well with The Christmas Bus by Melody Carlson. Two authors linked without ever having met. Interesting this webbish world.

No comments: